The Annapurna Base Camp trek is one of the most popular treks in the Annapurna region. There are only few treks in Himalaya that brings us through so many different landscapes in such a short period of time. The trek involves walks alongside terraced rice fields, amazing rhododendron and bamboo forests, cute little villages and high altitude landscapes. The fantastic Annapurna Range with their famous peaks of Annapurna South (7219 m), Machapuchhre (6993 m) and Hiunchuli (6441 m) are visible most of the time.
Shangri-La New Dawn Homestay - Twin Room (Shared)
Trekking permits (TIMS card and ACAP)
Standard food during the trek: breakfast, lunch, tea, and coffee (limited)
Administration and tax
Travel insurance. We strongly recommend you purchase travel and health insurance for your trip.
water, Alcohol, soft drinks, juice, and snacks. You may wish to bring a few snacks with you. We recommend nuts, dried fruit and trekking bars.
Personal expenses such as phone, internet, etc
Tips to staff (standard)
Where You'll Meet
Where You'll Meet
What You'll Do
What You'll Do
- 9.00 am and start driving to Nayapul, From Nayapul we follow the river up the valley, passing traditional villages and make our way up hill to Thika-Dhunga where we stay the night in guest house accommodation.
- Walking time: 5 hours
- Driving time:-2 hours
- At around 8am we leave Ularai. And from there we pass through rhododendron forest towards Nange-Thanti where we stop for lunch. We continue up through the rhododendron forest for 2 hours to Ghorepani, where you can have a clear mountain view and sunset.
- Walking time: 6-7 hours
- Early sunrise walk up to Poonhill (1.5 hours) with magnificent 360 degree mountain views including the Annapurna Mountain Range, Dhaulagiri Mountain Range, Nilgiri Mountain and much more.
- Breakfast at Gorepani and 5 hour walk gently up and down hill to Todapani. The trail leads through rhododendron and pine forest with beautiful mountain views, and passes Derali hilltop where you can see yaks.
- Walking time: 6.5 hours
- After a sunrise breakfast we walk down into the valley and have tea at Chauli beside the Chauli River. Here you can see wild beehives and beautiful butterflies.
- After crossing the river, the trail goes up for one hour to Gujurung where we stop for lunch and mountain and valley views.
- The trail continues up to Chomrong for 1.5 hours, where we stay for the night. From here we have beautiful mountain, valley and river views, sunset, sunrise and local culture.
- Walking time: 5-6 hours
- The trail descends via a stone staircase and then crosses the ChhomrongKhola. We climb till Sinuwa. After Sinuwa passing through forests of bamboo, rhododendron and oak arrives Bamboo. From Bamboo we walk some up and down trails Dovan.
- Walking time-5- 6 hours
- Today’s destination is Machapuchare Base Camp (3700 m), 4-5 hours away from Himalaya. The 2 hours journey will take you to Deurali. The woods which follow you throughout the day ends here. The final push to the Base Camp can be challenging.
- We get up around 3:30 am and start our walk at 4 am. The setting of the Annapurna Base Camp at 4130 m is absolutely unique and incredibly spectacular. It is also called Annapurna Sanctuary because of its oval-shaped plateau which is surrounded by a ring of mountains. Arriving at ABC we find ourselves face to face with the magical Annapurna I (8091 m). The sunrise there is truly breathtaking.
- Early morning we relish the magnificent sunrise over the Himalayas from Annapurna Base Camp. After our breakfast, we start descending from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo back through Machhapuchre Base Camp, Deurali, Dovan and finally reach Bamboo. Heading back down to the valley is much easier than climbing up. We will see the waterfalls that drop down from a high point to the rocks below.
- After breakfast in Bamboo, we continue our walk on the same trail which we used before and reach Chhomrong around lunchtime. After lunch in Chhomrong, we leave our previous path and walk steep down to a very nice place called Jhinu Danda (1780 m). We leave our bags in the lodge and climb down to the take a relaxing bath in the hot springs of the Modi Khola River. We stay overnight in Jhinu Danda.
- That is our last day on the trek. We start after breakfast and walk through a beautiful landscape with many little villages and terraced rice fields. We enjoy the flora of the region and meet numerous colourful butterflies on our way. We arrive in Nayapul in the late afternoon where we take a car back to Pokhara