Ijen Blue Flames Trek (with guesthouse accommodation)
By Green Ijen
Choose this if...
1 night's AC room stay at Green Ijen Bed and Breakfast (twin sharing basis)
Transport from Banyuwangi ferry terminal or Karangasem train station to Ijen Miner Family Homestay in Banyuwangi
Return transport from Ijen Miner Family Homestay in Banyuwangi to Ijen
Excursion to nearby waterfall
Pick-up time is flexible, though you should get in before midnight in order to start the hike to Ijen Crater.
You'll hike to the top of Ijen Crater after midnight - catch sight of the blue flames, and if you're lucky, a beautiful sunrise
Accommodation: Green Ijen Bed and Breakfast - Standard Room
- Before midnight - arrive in Banyuwangi. Pick up from the train station or ferry station and be transferred to the homestay.
- 12:00 am - Leave Green Ijen Homestay.
- 1:30 am - Get to the start of the hike. Begin the 2.5 hour down into the Ijen Crater along a yellow sulphuric hiking track.
- 5:00 am - Climb back up to the top to catch the sunrise as the stunning panorama is unveiled at an altitude of 2380m above sea level.
- 6:30 am - Arrive back at the entrance. After the descent, Green Ijen will typically take their guests to a nearby waterfall for a short trek.
- 9:30 am - You'll be dropped off back at your hotel.