Back to Ijen Volcano Trek
1-Day Ijen Trek (with return transport from Bali)
By Mava Holidays
Choose this if...
You want to visit the Ijen Blue Flames from Bali. This option includes a pick up from your hotel in Bali and drop off back at your hotel. Ferry tickets included.
Group trip (35 travellers per group)
Let Mava Holidays take you away from Bali to Ijen on a winding journey through rural villages, over river crossings and a midnight hike up to the top of Ijen Crater. Once at Ijen, trek deep down into the Ijen crater with a former miner to see the blue light of flared sulphur and witness where one of the most basic elements of the earth is found. Come back up to the top just in time to catch a beautiful sunrise over the multi-textured crater surface.
Seek Sophie’s Promise
We’re your friend first & love to help
Every operator here has been vetted
Your travel supports local businesses
Every $1 you spend offsets 1lb carbon
US$ 110 IDR1,527,109.42 per person
Return Transport from Bali to Ijen (including ferry tickets)
Equipment (face mask, walking stick)
Show all inclusions & exclusions
Your hotel in Pemuteran, Bali
Your hotel in Pemuteran, Bali
Pick-up and drop-off from other places in Bali can be arranged for an additional US $25
Trips available daily
Bookings should be made at least 7 days in advance. View the full calendar to request other dates.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and may be subject to change depending on weather conditions.
Day 1: Pemuteran - Banyuwangi - Pemuteran
You will witness the magic of the blue flames and a beautiful sunrise at the top!
- 10:00PM Pick up from your hotel in Pemuteran Bali.
- 11:00PM Take ferry from Pemuteran to Banyuwangi, Java.
- 12:00AM Arrive to Banyuwangi and start heading toward Ijen .
- 1:00 AM Arrive at Ijen and start trekking down into the Ijen crater where you will see the blue flames as well as miners climbing up and down carrying heavy loads of sulphur.
- 5:00AM Climb back to the top to catch the amazingly colourful sunrise from the top of the crater.
- 7:00AM Come back to the entrace. If you wish head out to see waterfalls near by before heading back to the terminal.
- 11:00AM Depart back to the ferry terminal.
- 12:00PM Take ferry back to Pemuteran.
- 1:00PM Arrive back to Pemuteran.
- 2:00PM Arrive back to your hotel.
Meet your guide
Mava Holidays is a highly professional outfit which provides impeccable service to their guests. They've been around for a long time and have a long track record of working tirelessly to ensure that their guests are as comfortable as possible when going off the beaten path.
10 years experience
Mava Holidays Policies
Strict Cancellation Policy
As Mava Holidays pays for your trip’s logistics in advance, you can only cancel for free within 24 hours of your booking, provided that this is at least 2 weeks before your trip starts.
Change of Date
You may also change your trip date once up to 3 days before your trip starts. Any date change are subject to availability.
Other Things to Know
Packing list for the trip
Sufficient water (1L)
Trekking shoes (simple trainers will do)