Back to Sapa Homestay and Trek
1 Day Join-in Sapa Trek - No-frills Sapa Highlights
By Mountain View Sapa
Price: USD$15.30 354.456 VND per person
Visit three villages of Y Linh Ho, Lao Chai and Ta Van belonging to the Black H'mong, Giay and Red Dao ethnic minorities. Hike along rice terraces and a small river. You can choose to lunch in a minority home or pack lunch from the hotel at a picturesque location. The trek is easy-to-medium difficulty and is 15km long.
English speaking guide
Entrance fee to the valley
Transportation from the end of the trek back to Sapa Town
Same Price as What You’d Find Locally
Free Date Change ~ 3 Days Before
Low Carbon Footprint
Always Available to Chat
Guaranteed Trip Even with 1 Guest
Meet your guide
Mountain View Sapa
Run by the enthusiastic Mrs. Moon, Mountain View is staffed by locals to give the most authentic experience and the best value. They're so passionate about sharing their love for the region with travellers that they also run a side project to bring international school students to Sapa to show them the local culture.
Trips available daily
If you require an earlier date, please request to book.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and may be subject to change depending on weather conditions.
Day 1: Sapa - Y Linh Ho - Lao Chai - Ta Van Village (Red Dao Tribe, H'mong Tribe)
Today you'll see panoramic rice fields and learn about Sapa peoples' fascinating local culture
- 09:00AM Meet at Mountain View and start trekking from Sapa Town
- 10:30PM Arrive to Y Linh Ho, a little commune in Muong Hoa valley, comprised of many little hamlets scattered over the mountainous terrain.
- This village is home to the Black H'Mong people who live in wooden and bamboo houses, and are recognisable by their dark clothes in black and navy dyed with indigo.
- 12:30PM Then wander beside the Muong hoa river to Lao Chai, a commune with three large villages with over 100 families of the Black H’mong ethnicity. You'll have lunch in Lao Chai, experience the hospitality of the H'mong people, and learn about their customs.
- 01:00PM Start trekking to Ta Van village, and enjoy the picturesque views of the valley.
- 02:00PM Arrive at Ta Van village, in the heart of Muong Hoa valley. The village is a mix of modernity and simplicity. It has traditionally relied on agriculture but is now one of the most popular stops for travellers, with shops, cafes and local markets.
- 02:30PM Head back to Sapa by car
- 03:30PM Arrive back to Sapa Town
Mountain View Hotel ( 54 Ngõ Cầu Mây, TT. Sa Pa, Sa Pa, Lào Cai, Vietnam)
View all photos
1 of 6 photos
What others are saying
4.6 out of 27 helpful reviews
2 months ago on TripAdvisor
We book the sapa trip with Hanoi tour company. Our package include stay, meals and sapa tour. The service from Mrs Moon was super great. Every meal provided was big portions and super delicious comoare to my past few days meal in Halong Bay and Hanoi. My son love the omelet so much.
3 months ago on Agoda
Staff were friendly and were always eager to help. If you are struggling with the language there is always someone on hand who knows English. They are always keen for a chat and always remember who you are. Would definitely stay again. And the bedroom view was amazing!!
4 months ago on TripAdvisor
We had a great experience in this hotel, especially because of Mrs Moon! She speaks English fluently, which is not common in Vietnam. She helped us with everything, from day tours around Sapa to booking buses outside. The price of the room is very reasonable and there’s hot water in the shower all day long. It’s not a luxurious hotel, but it provided all our needs.
6 months ago on TripAdvisor
I wanted to book a private 1-day Tour to Fansipan and Mrs. Moon - the owner - made the arrangements for me.||I had a great day without any worries. ||Incredible atmosphere and a very helpful and welcoming staff. ||Thank you.
6 months ago on Google
The manager is incredibly helpful. I was scheduled to take a bus from this hostel and it didn't arrive. the bus company wasn't associated with Mountain View but left from outside their building. The manager called them multiple times, translated for us and helped us get our money back. Then she booked us on a separate bus and got a taxi to take us right there. With her help we were able to get to our flight in time. She went above and beyond and we are very grateful.
Other Things to Know
Cancellation and Exchange Policy
Strict Cancellation Policy
You can be fully refunded for cancellations within 24 hours of booking. Other cancellations will not be refunded.
Flexible Date Policy
You can change your trip date once for free up to 3 days before your trip. Any date change will be subject to availability, and will not count as a cancellation.
Packing list for the trip
Long sleeves and trousers
All adventures from Mountain View Sapa
Sapa Homestay and Trek - 1 Day Private Mt Fansipan Trek
Sapa Homestay and Trek - 2D1N Join-in Sapa Trek & Homestay **with Return Transport from Hanoi
Sapa Homestay and Trek - 3D2N Join-in Sapa Trek & Homestay **Best-Value for Solo Travellers
Sapa Homestay and Trek - 2D1N Join-in Sapa Trek & Homestay **Best-Value for Solo Travellers