16-Day Everest Base Camp Trekking
By Sherpa Himalaya Treks & Expedition
At a Glance
At a Glance
Choose this if
Return Transfer from Kathmandu
Park entry fee
TIMS Card (Trekking permit)
Experienced trekking guide & assistant
Nepal Visa fee
Personal, travel and rescue insurance
International airfare to and from Nepal
Excess baggage charges for air travel
Extended activities and destinations
Return Transfer from Anywhere in KathmanduStart time is flexible. Do let us know which time you prefer.
Today you'll settle down in Kathmandu with the help of Sherpa Himalayan's representatives.
- Morning to afternoon: Arrive in Kathmandu, have breakfast, settle down
Today, you will make the necessary preparations for your trek tomorrow.
- Morning: Check for necessary trekking gear, introduction to the tour guide
- Afternoon: Shopping for any last minute items
Today, you will start your trek towards Phakding!
- Morning: Breakfast, domestic flight to Lukla (40 mins)
- Afternoon: Brief discussion and preparation, start trekking through the village of Lukla
- Evening: Arrive at Phakding, explore the local area, visit nearby monastery
Today, you will get to see the majetic Mount Thamserku (6608m).
- Morning: Breakfast, walk via mighty pine forests along Dudh Koshi to Namche Bazaar
- Afternoon: Viewing of Mount Thamserku (6608m) and Mount Everest
- Evening: The trek ends at the gateway of Mount Everest, Namche Bazaar
Today is acclimatisation day.
- Morning to afternoon: Roam around Namche Bazaar and surrounding villages to experience local Sherpa people and their rich culture, hike up the hill for Mount Everest viewing, explore museum nearby
Today, you will encounter several villages and tea shops before reaching Sagarmatha National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Morning: Begin Everest trail high above river Dudh Koshi, encounter and explore several villages and teahouses, climb towards Tengboche
- Afternoon: Visit the huge monastery, enjoy a panoramic view of the Himalayan mountains: Tawache Peak, Everest, Nuptse, Lhotse, Ama Dablam, Tamserku
Today, you will come across many of nature's wonderful creations from forests to waterfalls.
- Morning: Trek towards Dingboche, passing Pangboche along the way
- Afternoon: Viewing of Ama Dablam and many small villages, rhododendron forest, and waterfalls
- Evening: Dinner and overnight stay at Dingboche
Today is the second day of acclimatisation.
- Afternoon: Climb up to Nak-karjung Danda (500m) and back to Dingboche
Today you will trek along the glacier track to reach Lobuche.
- Morning: Begin trek
- Afternoon: Lunch at Dugla, trek along glacier track to reach Lobuche
Today you will get to have more close-up viewing of several mountains, including Mount Everest.
- Morning: Ascend to Thangma Riju for a panoramic view of snowy mountains, climb up to Changri Glacier
- Afternoon to evening: Viewing of Kala Patthar, ascend towards Gorak Shep for viewing of Mount Everest, lunch, head towards Everest base camp
Today you'll trek to Kala Patthar for an amazing view of the sunrise.
- Morning: Trek to Kala Patthar for sunrise view shining on Mount Everest
- Afternoon to evening: Descend to Perish
Today will be a long day of trekking but you'll get to see more snowcapped mountains along the way.
- Morning: Head to Pangboche and Tengboche
- Afternoon: Continue the trek to Namche Bazaar, passing by various campsites and villages
Today, you will get to explore Lukla, one of the most challenging landing spot for pilots worldwide.
- Morning: Trek back to Lukla
- Afternoon: Explore local villages and restaurants, experience local life
Today, you'll get to explore Kathmandu!
- Morning: Fly back to Kathmandu
- Afternoon: Rest or explore surrounding local experiences, souvenir shopping, sightseeing
- Evening: Farewell dinner