6-Day Dzongri Trek
By Sikkim Trails
Porter and Yak
Cook and Food
High-quality sleeping equipment
All permits included
Transport to Yuksom
Activity will finish at 2 pm in Yuksom.
Get to know you fellow trekkers
- Today is Day 0 of the expedition.
- Meet in a village and get to know each other.
- Visit the beautiful monastery around the village.
Trek through the Kanchenjunga National Park and enjoy Mt Pandim views from Tshoka dominate.
- Start from Yuksom and enter the Kanchenjunga National Park.
- Cross the rhododendron forests, Tibetan bridges and green forests.
- Rest and lunch at Sachen
- Reach Bhakim, a nice tea house with views of the Yuksom Valley
- Arrive in Tshoka
Ascend about 1000m today but remember to not rush your acclimatization
- The trail today is steep but you will be accompanied by the rhododendrons.
- Catch a glimpse of Mt Pandim occasionally as you trek.
Catch sunrise from Dzongri Top
- Dzongri is a 2-hill climb, which takes 45-60 minutes.
- Take it easy and acclimatize to the altitude.
Trek back the same way you came from!
- While the trail is the same, the decend is equally steep.
- Take extra caution and be careful not to overload your knees
A pure descent of about 6 hours.
- This descend will be less challenging than the way up.
- Note: If you are on time, feel free to stop for a refreshing "shower" in one of the beautiful natural pool near the entrance of the National Park.
- Lodging and transportation can be arranged but be sure to inform early.
Meet your guide
Sikkim Trails Policies
Other Things to Know
Trekkers should be in good physical condition. Trek is suitable also for families with children.