6-Day Dzongri Trek
By Sikkim Trails
Porter and Yak
Cook and Food
High-quality sleeping equipment
All permits included
Transport to Yuksom
Meet your guide
Get to know you fellow trekkers
- Today is Day 0 of the expedition.
- Meet in a village and get to know each other.
- Visit the beautiful monastery around the village.
Trek through the Kanchenjunga National Park and enjoy Mt Pandim views from Tshoka dominate.
- Start from Yuksom and enter the Kanchenjunga National Park.
- Cross the rhododendron forests, Tibetan bridges and green forests.
- Rest and lunch at Sachen
- Reach Bhakim, a nice tea house with views of the Yuksom Valley
- Arrive in Tshoka
Ascend about 1000m today but remember to not rush your acclimatization
- The trail today is steep but you will be accompanied by the rhododendrons.
- Catch a glimpse of Mt Pandim occasionally as you trek.
Catch sunrise from Dzongri Top
- Dzongri is a 2-hill climb, which takes 45-60 minutes.
- Take it easy and acclimatize to the altitude.
Trek back the same way you came from!
- While the trail is the same, the decend is equally steep.
- Take extra caution and be careful not to overload your knees
A pure descent of about 6 hours.
- This descend will be less challenging than the way up.
- Note: If you are on time, feel free to stop for a refreshing "shower" in one of the beautiful natural pool near the entrance of the National Park.
- Lodging and transportation can be arranged but be sure to inform early.
Activity will finish at 2 pm in Yuksom.