8-Day Goecha La Trekking
By New Age Pilgrim
National Park fees
Camera fee by Tourism Department
Activity will finish at Yuksom bazaar.
Walk through the sub-tropical terrain.
- The trekking route will begin with a sub-tropical terrain with lush canopied forests and the sound of the raging Prekchu river ever-present as distant hum.
Continue trekking in the sub-tropical terrain.
- The same terrain persists till Tshoka from where the route takes a temperate hue.
Trek through the lush Rhododendron forests.
- The trail today starts from Tshoka to Phdang and ends in Dzongri. It is covered with lush Rhododendron and is often prone to misty whiteouts.
- Though the trail often gets muddy, a track of wooden logs will guide the trekkers on.
Get comfortable and indulge in the scenery in Dzongri
- Dzongri is in the alpine zone where meadows and shrunken rhododendrons litter the area. The hilltop also provides a majestic view of the surrounding valleys and peaks.
The trail opens up and get ready for a true adventure and scenic treat.
- The trail is gradual at first but then descends into the Oglathang Valley.
- Stop by the river at Kokchurung, followed by a small forested trail before Lamuney.
Embark on the final climb of your adventure
- As you proceed to View Point 1, you will come across the majestic Samiti Lake. The climb to View Point 1 is steep, and the altitude might make it even more challenging. However, you will be rewarded with stunning views of the third highest mountain in the world, the Kanchendzonga, along with other equally imposing mountains.
Start trekking back to the base camp
- Follow the route back to Tshoka
Meet your guide
New Age Pilgrim
New Age Pilgrim Policies
Other Things to Know
Trekkers must not have any history of heart ailments, asthma or high blood pressure and is physically fit for high altitude trekking. Trekkers must be between the ages of 13-60 and must send their BMI.