15-Day Everest Base Camp Trekking by Freedom Adventures
Meet your guide
Today you will explore Thamel, a popular tourist hub in Kathmandu.
- Morning: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport, drop-off at hotel
- Afternoon: Explore Thamel, shopping
- Evening: Dinner at a Nepalean restaurant, guide about tomorrow's sightseeing trip
Today you will be visiting World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu.
- Morning: Breakfast, World Heritage Sites guided tour (Pashupatinath Temple, Bouddanath, and Bhaktapur).
- Afternoon: Visit Kathmandu Durbar Square and the old royal complex
- Evening: Dinner
Today you will start your trek through the village of Lukla!
- Morning: Flight to Lukla, pack & make arrangements with other crew members
- Afternoon: Trek through the prosperous village of Lukla, arrive at Phakding along the Dudh Kosi River
- Evening: Spend the night in the village, or explore monasteries in the vicinity
Today you will get a panoramic view of Mt. Thamserku and have your first glimpse of Everest!
- Morning: Walk through a pine forest to Dudh Koshi River after crossing several suspension bridges, reach the viewpoint of the gleaming Mt. Thamserku (6618m)
- Afternoon: Cross over to Jorsale, the trek's halfway point, then trek to Namche Bazaar, uphill climb to Namche Bazaar for the first glimpse of Everest
Today you will explore Namche!
- Morning - Afternoon: Hike to the viewing spot to enjoy views of Mount Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Lhotse and more, walk around Khumjung Valley
- Evening: Visit Hillary school and Khunde Hospital
- Night: Hike back to Namche Bazaar
Today you will trek from Namche to the holy ground of Tengboche.
- Morning: Head northeast along a tributary valley opening up to a steep climb approaching Tengboche
- Afternoon: Enjoy the views of the monastery, yak pastures, and world's highest sacred institution at Tengboche
- Evening: Overnight at Tengboche
Today you will trek to Dingboche, which holds the Spartan lives of Sherpas!
- Morning to afternoon: Trek past Gompa, which holds the famous Yeti scalp
- Evening: Overnight at Dingboche
Today you can embark on some optional hikes to Nagajun Hill or Chukung village.
- Morning to afternoon: Optional hikes to Nagajun Hill or Chukung village, with fine views of Ama Dablam, Makalu and other peaks, interspersed with lakes and glaciers.
- Evening: Overnight at Dingboche
Today you will begin your ascend to Lobuche!
- Morning to afternoon: Traverse ice-covered torrents to Lobuche where stone houses sit amongst a frozen wilderness of stunning beauty
- Evening: Overnight at Lobuche
Today you will trek to Everest Base Camp (5380m above sea level)!
- Morning: Navigate the Khumbu Glacier
- Afternoon: Climb up to Gorak Shep, trek to Everest Base Camp, rest at Everest Base Camp, trek back to Gorak Shep
- Evening: Overnight at Gorak Shep
Today you will get to enjoy Everest peak at sunrise before descending back to Gorak Shep.
- Morning: Enjoy sunrise at Everest viewing point
- Afternoon: Descend to the flat and sandy expanse of Gorak Shep, climb up again to reach Kalapathar for more scenic views, and down to Pheriche
- Evening: Overnight at Pheriche
Today you will cross the Dudh Koshi torrent before descending to Tengboche.
- Morning to evening: Gentle trail for descending, crossing the Dudh Koshi torrent and alpine meadows before reaching Tengboche for the night.
Today you will descend down to Phunke Tenga and Namche.
- Morning: Enjoy views from Tangboche
- Afternoon: Descend to Phunke Tenga
- Evening: Descend to Namche, overnight at Namche
Today you will get to explore a forest of rhododendron and pine!
- Morning: Descend to Lukla
- Afternoon: Explore the forest of rhododendron and pine, pass by the Sherpa village to bid farewell to the locals
- Evening: Arrive at Lukla, overnight at Lukla
- Transfers to and from the airport
- Kathmandu valley sightseeing via private vehicle
- Domestic flight to and from Lukla to Kathmandu
- All accommodation on twin-sharing basis
- 3-star accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Teahouse visit during trek
- Insurance, wages, meals, and accommodation of crew members
- Permits, entrance fees and government tax where applicable
- Industry standard first aid kit
- International airport departure tax
- Visa fees
- Hot shower
- Drinking water
- Expenditure of personal nature
- Personal insurance
- Optional activities
- Extra expenses due to unforeseen events such as natural disaster, roadblocks and health conditions of fellow travellers
Where you'll be staying
- Twin Beds
Return transport included
Tribhuvan International Airport is likely to remain closed from 22:00 to 08:00 daily due to road maintenance effective from 1 Sep 2019 to 31 Dec 2019. This will affect the flights to the KTM-Lukla sector and treks to the Everest region as most of the flights from Kathmandu to Lukla takes off and lands between 6-8 am from Kathmandu Airport. Following this change, the authority has decided to redirect/from Lukla from all the flights to Manthali Airport. This may result in price differences from what is currently published.