15-Day Everest Base Camp Trekking
By Freedom Adventures
Choose this if...
Transfers to and from the airport
Kathmandu valley sightseeing via private vehicle
Domestic flight to and from Lukla to Kathmandu
All accommodation on twin-sharing basis
3-star accommodation in Kathmandu and Pokhara
Teahouse visit during trek
Insurance, wages, meals, and accommodation of crew members
Permits, entrance fees and government tax where applicable
Industry standard first aid kit
International airport departure tax
Expenditure of personal nature
Extra expenses due to unforeseen events such as natural disaster, roadblocks and health conditions of fellow travellers
Tribhuvan International Airport is likely to remain closed from 22:00 to 08:00 daily due to road maintenance effective from 1 Sep 2019 to 31 Dec 2019. This will affect the flights to the KTM-Lukla sector and treks to the Everest region as most of the flights from Kathmandu to Lukla takes off and lands between 6-8 am from Kathmandu Airport. Following this change, the authority has decided to redirect/from Lukla from all the flights to Manthali Airport. This may result in price differences from what is currently published.
Today you will explore Thamel, a popular tourist hub in Kathmandu.
- Morning: Arrive at Tribhuwan International Airport, drop-off at hotel
- Afternoon: Explore Thamel, shopping
- Evening: Dinner at a Nepalean restaurant, guide about tomorrow's sightseeing trip
Today you will be visiting World Heritage Sites in Kathmandu.
- Morning: Breakfast, World Heritage Sites guided tour (Pashupatinath Temple, Bouddanath, and Bhaktapur).
- Afternoon: Visit Kathmandu Durbar Square and the old royal complex
- Evening: Dinner
Today you will start your trek through the village of Lukla!
- Morning: Flight to Lukla, pack & make arrangements with other crew members
- Afternoon: Trek through the prosperous village of Lukla, arrive at Phakding along the Dudh Kosi River
- Evening: Spend the night in the village, or explore monasteries in the vicinity
Today you will get a panoramic view of Mt. Thamserku and have your first glimpse of Everest!
- Morning: Walk through a pine forest to Dudh Koshi River after crossing several suspension bridges, reach the viewpoint of the gleaming Mt. Thamserku (6618m)
- Afternoon: Cross over to Jorsale, the trek's halfway point, then trek to Namche Bazaar, uphill climb to Namche Bazaar for the first glimpse of Everest
Today you will explore Namche!
- Morning - Afternoon: Hike to the viewing spot to enjoy views of Mount Everest, Ama Dablam, Thamserku, Lhotse and more, walk around Khumjung Valley
- Evening: Visit Hillary school and Khunde Hospital
- Night: Hike back to Namche Bazaar
Today you will trek from Namche to the holy ground of Tengboche.
- Morning: Head northeast along a tributary valley opening up to a steep climb approaching Tengboche
- Afternoon: Enjoy the views of the monastery, yak pastures, and world's highest sacred institution at Tengboche
- Evening: Overnight at Tengboche
Today you will trek to Dingboche, which holds the Spartan lives of Sherpas!
- Morning to afternoon: Trek past Gompa, which holds the famous Yeti scalp
- Evening: Overnight at Dingboche
Today you can embark on some optional hikes to Nagajun Hill or Chukung village.
- Morning to afternoon: Optional hikes to Nagajun Hill or Chukung village, with fine views of Ama Dablam, Makalu and other peaks, interspersed with lakes and glaciers.
- Evening: Overnight at Dingboche
Today you will begin your ascend to Lobuche!
- Morning to afternoon: Traverse ice-covered torrents to Lobuche where stone houses sit amongst a frozen wilderness of stunning beauty
- Evening: Overnight at Lobuche
Today you will trek to Everest Base Camp (5380m above sea level)!
- Morning: Navigate the Khumbu Glacier
- Afternoon: Climb up to Gorak Shep, trek to Everest Base Camp, rest at Everest Base Camp, trek back to Gorak Shep
- Evening: Overnight at Gorak Shep
Today you will get to enjoy Everest peak at sunrise before descending back to Gorak Shep.
- Morning: Enjoy sunrise at Everest viewing point
- Afternoon: Descend to the flat and sandy expanse of Gorak Shep, climb up again to reach Kalapathar for more scenic views, and down to Pheriche
- Evening: Overnight at Pheriche
Today you will cross the Dudh Koshi torrent before descending to Tengboche.
- Morning to evening: Gentle trail for descending, crossing the Dudh Koshi torrent and alpine meadows before reaching Tengboche for the night.
Today you will descend down to Phunke Tenga and Namche.
- Morning: Enjoy views from Tangboche
- Afternoon: Descend to Phunke Tenga
- Evening: Descend to Namche, overnight at Namche
Today you will get to explore a forest of rhododendron and pine!
- Morning: Descend to Lukla
- Afternoon: Explore the forest of rhododendron and pine, pass by the Sherpa village to bid farewell to the locals
- Evening: Arrive at Lukla, overnight at Lukla
Meet your guide
Freedom Adventures Policies
Other Things to Know
Travel insurance is compulsory for anyone travelling with us so please ensure you have an appropriate level of cover. This insurance must cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation.