12-Day Everest Base Camp Trekking by Breathe Nepal
Meet your guide
Today you will follow a trail to the village of Phakding.
- Morning: Breakfast, drive to the domestic terminal for morning flight to Lukla
- Afternoon: Begin trek descending 500m to the Dudh Kosi (River of Milk)
- Evening: Follow trail to the village of Phakding, stay overnight at Phakding
Today you will get to explore Monjo, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Morning: Travel along Dudh Koshi River through many suspension bridges to enter Sagarmatha National Park
- Afternoon: Trek through beautiful forests to reach Bhote Koshi rivers, continue a steep climb (2 hours) to catch a first glimpse of Mount Everest
- Evening: Trek to Namche Bazaar and stay overnight
Today you can take a short hike to Thame or visit Khundre, or explore Namche Bazaar itself.
- Afternoon: Short hike to Thame or visit Khunde or Namche Bazaar, visit Sherpa Museum
Today you will get to explore a pine and rhododendron forest on the way to Tengboche!
- Morning: Trek towards Tengboche for a view of Mt Everest, Mt Nuptse, Mt Lhoste and Mt Ama Dablam
- Afternoon: Trek through the pine and rhododendron forest, then down to Kayangjuma to arrive at Sansa, lunch in Phunki Thenga
- Evening: Continue to climb uphill to arrive in Tengboche
Today you will get to cross Pangboche village where there are several chortens, mani walls and small villages.
- Morning: Photo session at the monastery, take the trail through rhododendron forest to Debuche, cross the suspension bridge on Imja Khola
- Afternoon: Climb up to Pangboche village, walk north to Pheriche, enter Imja valley before taking the last steep path of the day up to Dingboche
- Evening: Enjoy view of Mt Lhotse, Island Peak and Ama Dablam, stay overnight at a lodge
Today is your second day of acclimatisation.
- Morning: Climb the ridge on the north behind the village to see three of the world's six highest peaks
- Evening: Spend the night at Dingboche
Today you will get to see Mt Pumori and climb the Khumbu Glacier to inch even closer to Mt Everest!
- Morning: Trek to Duglha through Khumba Khola valley, cross a wooden bridge and ascend to Duglha
- Afternoon: Climb up the steep terminal moraine of the Khumbu Glacier
- Evening: Spend the night at Lobuche
Today you will reach Everest Base Camp!
- Morning: Trek to Gorak Shep, then to Thangma Riju for a panoramic view of snowy mountains and a first glimpse of Kalapathar
- Afternoon: Lunch, take trail to Everest Base Camp through Gorak Shep Lake, enjoy the scenery
- Evening: Return to Gorak Shep and stay there for the night
Today you will get to enjoy breathtaking views from Kalapathar and see the first light of the day kissing the mountain peaks.
- Morning: Catch breathtaking views from Kalapathar
- Afternoon: Hike to Kala Patthar, take pictures at some viewpoints, reach Kalapathar
- Evening: Return to Gorak Shep and descend to Periche where you will stay overnight
Today you will pass through several little villages as you follow the main Everest trail.
- Morning: Trek crossing Khumbu Khola creek, follow the main Everest trail down the alley, pass through villages
- Afternoon: Reach Pangboche at the base of Ama Dablam, cross bridge to reach Tengboche, pass villages of Tashinga and Sansa to arrive at Kyangjuma
- Evening: Spend the night at Kyangjuma
Today you might get to spot some wild animals on your way to Monjo!
- Morning: Head back towards Namche Bazaar
- Afternoon: LUnch at Namche Bazaar, steep descent to reach the suspension bridge to cross over to Dhudh Koshi
- Evening: Stay overnight at a lodge
- Flight Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- English speaking guide and all their insurances and expenses
- One porter for 2 people and all his/her insurances and expenses
- All meals on trekking (B/L/D) to be chosen from a large menu
- Morning cup of tea or coffee
- All rooms in the lodges
- Trekking permits and TIMS cards
- Guide (40USD per day)