12 Day Annapurna Base Camp Trekking by Friendship World Trek
Meet your guide
Friendship World Trek
Sightseeing of Kathmandu
- Full day’s worth of sightseeing in Kathmandu valley that includes the Hindu temple complex at Pashupatinath (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) & the biggest Buddhist Stupa at Boudhanath. Also, a visit Monkey Temple Swyambhunath (2000 years old temple) and Patan city of fine arts are on the cards.
Amazing scenery as you prepare for the start of your adventure
- Drive or fly to Pokhara from Kathmandu. It will be a 6-hour drive by coach or a 30 Minute flight.
Explore the Gurung culture at villages on the way
- Drive to Phedi by car (30 minutes) and trek up to Dhampus, walking mostly uphill through cultivated fields and local villages. This scenic Gurung Village is inhabited by a mix of people: Gurung, Brahman, Magar communities and it offers a spectacular view of the Himalayan ranges including the Annapurna and Machhapuchhare range. After lunch in Dhampus, continue walking to Tolka.
Enjoy a hot spring experience on your way to Chhomrong
- Walking through beautiful terraces to Landruk provides you an excellent view of your surroundings. The Landruk trail then continues to Jhinu where you can enjoy a natural hot spring. From here it is another hour uphill to Chhomrong. Stay at Chhomrong(2040m) where towering above the village is the mighty peak of Annapurna south.
Be surrounded by Rhododeron forests
- We walk through the forest of Kuldighar. The track winds steeply up through the deep bamboo and rhododendron forest to the village of Dovan.
Enjoy your hard earned view of the snow covered peaks
- A trek of the narrow Modi Khola valley will bring you to the base of Machhapuchre. Here you will spend a day enjoying the snow-covered peaks above and the beauty of the landscape around.
- It is an early morning to get to A.B.C. where the 360 degree views await you. The curtain of clouds often lifts at sunset to reveal the radiant, glowing peaks.
- Walking on some blessed flat gradient after an hour's climb down to Kimrong Khola. The road, unfortunately, starts ascending as you walk through more rhododendron forest and terraces. Lunch will be in Ghandruk, an ideal vantage point that offers breathtaking views of Annapurna South, Gangapurna, Annapurna III, Machhapuchhare and Hiunchuli. From Nayapul drive back to Pokhara.
Journey back to Kathmandu
- Drive or fly back the way you came to Pokhara
- Airport Pick-up and Drop Off,
- Licensed and trained trekking guides,
- Porters for carrying goods and supplies,
- 2 Nights Accommodation in the 2/3 Star Hotel in Kathmandu with B & B. (Bed & Breakfast)
- All accommodation during the trek.
- All meals and hot beverages during the trek.
- Transportation to and from the trailhead.
- All necessary documents, taxes and permits for trekking
- Camping equipment & charges
- Coordination of quick rescue service (Costs covered by your Insurance Plan)
- 1 hr. massage after your trek.
- International Airfare
- Travel/Trekking Insurance
- Excess Baggage Charges (More than 16kg and hand baggage of more than 5 kg in domestic flights)
- Visa Fees
- Airport Departure Taxes.
- Drinks (Cold and Alcoholic)
- Rescue Charge.
- Expenses of Personal Nature
- Permit and Liaison Officer Fee (where applicable)
- Meals during your stay in Kathmandu.
- Domestic tickets
- Extra hotel costs in Kathmandu and Pokhara