21-Day Annapurna Circuit Trekking by Nature Lovers
Meet your guide
- Welcome to Nepal. Here's where you will start feeling as your own home and experience the unity in diversity. Don't let the poor exit to the Kathmandu airport fool you. The natural miracle is waiting for you at the other side. Airport pick-up and hotel transfer. Welcome dinner.
- Our guide will meet you to brief regarding the whole journey. Documentation and all other things are also sorted out today.
- Lot of options to choose from today since you can either drive only to Besisahar and start trekking from there or continue driving further as far as Manang and start trekking from the point you choose. But keeping AMS in mind and as per our perfect plan, we are going to drive only to Jagat and stay the night.
- Our first day of trekking begins with a normal walking. From Chyamje, a short walk will bring us to a suspension bridge over the raging Marsyangdi river. Crossing the bridge, we will spend a couple of hours uphill climbing to get to Tal and further continue to the big village Dharapani.
- As we continue our trek further, we can feel the changes already, most of all the air starts getting cooler and the landscape varies. By the time we arrive in the headquarter of Manang district, Chame village, the towering Lamjung Himal and Annapurna II will be accompanying us time and again. Some interesting villages Bagarchhap, Danaque, Timang and Koto on the way.
- Another interesting day walk leads you through the pine woods and the small villages via the big apple gardens in Bhratang and takes you to Dhikur Pokhari at the top of the ridge. The view is already charming as you can see 'Swargadwari Danda' and Annapurna II from your lunch place. When you come out of the tree lines, you will start seeing the Pisang and Chulu peaks on the north side. The windswept village Pisang will be our overnight stop.
- Bravo! You've done it well so some surprising views for you on this amazing day. Go via Lower Pisang or Opt to go via Upper Pisang if you crave for panoramic mountain views as well as seeing the traditional Tibetan style houses and cultures. Ghyaru and Ngawal are both at around 3700m altitude which offers the gorgeous vistas of the valleys down below and the snow-capped mountains too. Descend down to the flatland and continue via old-Tibetan village Braga to get to the scenic Manang village, the last well-developed town in the district.
- A very necessary acclimatizing day is here. You have many choices which you can do today. Visit Gangapurna glacier and the lake, Ice lake, Milarepa Cave and more. Later in the night, go to see the movies about mountaineering or learning about the AMS.
- After having a nice rest in Manang, continue your journey to get to Tilicho base camp. After crossing Shree Kharka with some uphills, we will also get through the landslide slopes and some narrow paths to go further. Don't forget to look out for the falling stones. It may be caused by the Himalayan musk deer or the blue sheep.
- It's going to be a tough day. The highest lake situated at the top of the mountains is, but worth to visit. After coming down to the camp, we will continue further to Shree Kharka for the overnight stop.
- Seriously! This is going to be the easy day for the hardy trekkers like yourself. Gradual up first then gradual down followed by the little bit up again to get to Yak Kharka.
- Nearly approaching the day when we are crossing the highest pass in the world. It's mostly uphill but slightly except the part when we arrive at the bottom of Thorang High Camp. If all is well, we will climb the steep ascent part of our journey which will last only an hour. And yeah we're at the altitude of 4600m already. Kudos to you all.
- We're pretty sure you didn't have proper sleep last night because of the altitude and also thinking of the tough day the next day. Don't worry. You're not the only one. Just the matter of 2 hours and we're done. Means, after climbing uphill for 2 hours, we will get to the main highlight of our whole journey, the Thorang La Pass. After getting the sips of the tea/coffee and taking a whole lot of snaps, we will put a halt to our celebration and start getting downhill towards Muktinath. The rest is the easy part though longer to get to our hotel. Time for the celebration. Bottoms up at the end of the day.
- Relaxing easy walk it is to get to our destination today. After visiting the Muktinath temple in the early morning and getting blessings, we will descend to Jomsom mostly passing through the wide Kali Gandaki river valley via Kagbeni. The windiest place in whole Nepal, Jomsom is the headquarter of Mustang region. Set your mind to face the wind. Then we will trek a further couple of hours to get to Marpha village, the apple haven. Apple brandy, apple juice, fresh apple fruits and other apple delicacies you will get to choose to taste. The apple here is famous in whole of Nepal.
- The enjoyable day walk will take us through Tukuche, Kobang and down to Lete today. The fine villages offering nice teahouses and lunch en route, you will come across with and enjoy the panoramas of Annapurna, Nilgiri and Dhaulagiri massifs. After, our journey will continue.
- As we are arriving the natural hot spring place called Tatopani, the vegetation, landscapes and the weather will change dramatically. We will pass through a beautiful waterfall named Rupse waterfall and the deepest gorge in the world, Dana to get to our overnight stop.
- Leaving the farmed terraces and fields behind, we will hike uphill towards Poon Hill today just to be welcomed by the rhododendron (national flower of Nepal) forests and the amazing mountains scenery. This is the last difficult trekking day for the whole journey.
- It's better to wake up early morning if you wish to follow the trend of watching first sunrise over the panoramic Himalayan ranges. One hour of an uphill walk and you are at the most popular viewpoint in whole Nepal, the Poon Hill viewpoint. Back to the lodge and after having breakfast, trek downhill all the way to Tikhedhunga.
- The last trekking day for our interesting 3 weeks journey around Annapurna. We cannot emphasize how great the journey has been and it's going to be in your memory for a long time to come. Finally descend to Nayapul just to be picked up by our driver to drive back to the panoramic valley, Pokhara.
- Early morning after breakfast, our staff will drive you towards Kathmandu. Enjoy the bumpy Himalayan rides in this overland journey today. Farewell dinner in the night. Final meeting and greeting with all the team members of our memorable journey.
- It's been a tough yet interesting journey with you all. We tried to give our best and how much we succeeded in serving you, we'd love to hear feedback from you before bidding farewell. Goodbye and see you again. Thank you for giving us such a wonderful opportunity to showcase the natural and cultural beauty of Nepal. SEE YOU AGAIN.
- Airport pickup, drop and other ground transports
- Welcome and farewell dinner at a typical Nepali restaurant
- 3 nights hotel in Kathmandu and 1 night in Pokhara on BB basis
- 16 nights teahouse lodge on mountains
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner and tea/coffee in cups for 17 days
- Clean drinking water and proper look after
- Experienced English speaking trekking guide, his salary, equipment and insurance
- Porter service (1 for 2 trekkers)
- ACAP permit fee (Annapurna Conservation Area Project)
- TIMS card fee (Trekkers Information Management System)
- Company T-shirt and letter of appreciation
- Route maps
- First Aid medical kit
- All government Tax and VAT
- Nepal visa fee and international flight
- Meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- Extra accommodation and meals behind schedule
- Travel and emergency rescue insurance
- Personal expenses and beverages of any kinds
- Gratuities to the staffs (mandatory)