Back to Annapurna Base Camp Trek
10-Day Annapurna Base Camp Trekking
By Ethical Trekking Nepal
10 days 9 nights
Price from USD$765 NPR86,678.07 per person
The Annapurna Base Camp trek is one of the most popular treks in the Annapurna region. There are only few treks in Himalaya that brings us through so many different landscapes in such a short period of time. The trek involves walks alongside terraced rice fields, amazing rhododendron and bamboo forests, cute little villages and high altitude landscapes. The fantastic Annapurna Range with their famous peaks of Annapurna South (7219 m), Machapuchhre (6993 m) and Hiunchuli (6441 m) are visible most of the time.
Trekking permits (TIMS card and ACAP)
All transport from beginning to end of the trek by luxurious jeep.
Standard food during the trek: breakfast, lunch, tea, and coffee (limited)
Standard guesthouse accommodation during the trek
Administration and tax
Travel insurance. We strongly recommend you purchase travel and health insurance for your trip.
water, Alcohol, soft drinks, juice, and snacks. You may wish to bring a few snacks with you. We recommend nuts, dried fruit and trekking bars.
Personal expenses such as phone, internet, etc
Tips to staff (standard)
Same Price as What You’d Find Locally
Free Date Change ~ 3 Days Before
Low Carbon Footprint
Always Available to Chat
Guaranteed Trip Even with 1 Guest
Meet your guide
Ethical Trekking Nepal
Krishna is a trained sociologist who used to help out at his uncle's trekking business as a guide during his school holidays. Later, he worked for International NGOs but he doesn't like the dependency on donor money and the way the work was done on the ground. He met many street kids during his work trips and decided that he had to do something for them. Since his knowledge was in trekking and tourism, he decided to start a trekking company that will be the source of financial sustainability to the children's home that he and his friends established. He opened 'Ethical Trekking' with the idea of giving guides and porters the best working conditions (full insurance, weight limits and good equipment) and at the same time, provide a great service for travellers. He's extremely community-oriented and has the best interests of his community in mind (by creating local jobs and preventing migration and family separation). The children that "graduate" from the children home are invited to take part in the business, gain work experience and find reasons and skills to stay in Pokhara and support the local community and economy. He is a delightful human being who really does operate from the heart.
13 years experience
Trips available daily
If you require an earlier date, please request to book.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and may be subject to change depending on weather conditions.
Day 1: Pokhara- Nayapul- Hille- Thikedhunga (1520 meter)
- 9.00 am and start driving to Nayapul, From Nayapul we follow the river up the valley, passing traditional villages and make our way up hill to Thika-Dhunga where we stay the night in guest house accommodation.
- Walking time: 5 hours
- Driving time:-2 hours
Day 2: Thikedhunga-Ularai to Gorepani (2860 meters)
- At around 8am we leave Ularai. And from there we pass through rhododendron forest towards Nange-Thanti where we stop for lunch. We continue up through the rhododendron forest for 2 hours to Ghorepani, where you can have a clear mountain view and sunset.
- Walking time: 6-7 hours
Day 3: Gorepani to Poonhill (3210 meters) and on to Tadapani (2670 meters)
- Early sunrise walk up to Poonhill (1.5 hours) with magnificent 360 degree mountain views including the Annapurna Mountain Range, Dhaulagiri Mountain Range, Nilgiri Mountain and much more.
- Breakfast at Gorepani and 5 hour walk gently up and down hill to Todapani. The trail leads through rhododendron and pine forest with beautiful mountain views, and passes Derali hilltop where you can see yaks.
- Walking time: 6.5 hours
Day 4: Tadapani -Gujurung- Chomrong (2100 meters)
- After a sunrise breakfast we walk down into the valley and have tea at Chauli beside the Chauli River. Here you can see wild beehives and beautiful butterflies.
- After crossing the river, the trail goes up for one hour to Gujurung where we stop for lunch and mountain and valley views.
- The trail continues up to Chomrong for 1.5 hours, where we stay for the night. From here we have beautiful mountain, valley and river views, sunset, sunrise and local culture.
- Walking time: 5-6 hours
Day 5: Chomrong to Dovan (2520 meter)
- The trail descends via a stone staircase and then crosses the ChhomrongKhola. We climb till Sinuwa. After Sinuwa passing through forests of bamboo, rhododendron and oak arrives Bamboo. From Bamboo we walk some up and down trails Dovan.
- Walking time-5- 6 hours
Day 6: Dovan to Machhapuchre Base Camp (3700 meter)
- Today’s destination is Machapuchare Base Camp (3700 m), 4-5 hours away from Himalaya. The 2 hours journey will take you to Deurali. The woods which follow you throughout the day ends here. The final push to the Base Camp can be challenging.
Day 7: Machapuchare Base Camp to Annapurna Base Camp
- We get up around 3:30 am and start our walk at 4 am. The setting of the Annapurna Base Camp at 4130 m is absolutely unique and incredibly spectacular. It is also called Annapurna Sanctuary because of its oval-shaped plateau which is surrounded by a ring of mountains. Arriving at ABC we find ourselves face to face with the magical Annapurna I (8091 m). The sunrise there is truly breathtaking.
Day 8: Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo
- Early morning we relish the magnificent sunrise over the Himalayas from Annapurna Base Camp. After our breakfast, we start descending from Annapurna Base Camp to Bamboo back through Machhapuchre Base Camp, Deurali, Dovan and finally reach Bamboo. Heading back down to the valley is much easier than climbing up. We will see the waterfalls that drop down from a high point to the rocks below.
Day 9: Bamboo to Chomrong to Jhinu Danda (1680 meter)
- After breakfast in Bamboo, we continue our walk on the same trail which we used before and reach Chhomrong around lunchtime. After lunch in Chhomrong, we leave our previous path and walk steep down to a very nice place called Jhinu Danda (1780 m). We leave our bags in the lodge and climb down to the take a relaxing bath in the hot springs of the Modi Khola River. We stay overnight in Jhinu Danda.
Day 10: Jhinu Danda to Sewai then Jeep back to Pokhara.
- That is our last day on the trek. We start after breakfast and walk through a beautiful landscape with many little villages and terraced rice fields. We enjoy the flora of the region and meet numerous colourful butterflies on our way. We arrive in Nayapul in the late afternoon where we take a car back to Pokhara
Show full itinerary
The timing is flexible.
Ethical Trekking Nepal Office
Other Things to Know
Cancellation and Exchange Policy
Strict Cancellation Policy
You can be fully refunded for cancellations within 24 hours of booking. Other cancellations will not be refunded.
Flexible Date Policy
You can change your trip date once for free up to 3 days before your trip. Any date change will be subject to availability, and will not count as a cancellation.
Packing list for the trip
Clothes: trekking boot and spare laces, warm hat, scarf and gloves, waterproof jacket, poncho, running shoes, sandals, sunhat, shorts and trousers, wool blend socks, thermal underwear, liner socks, underwear, long-sleeved shirt/collar, t-shirt, fleece jacket, down jacket
Equipment: backpack, sleeping bag and silk liner, water bottle, maps and guidebook, compass, torch (flashlight), spare batteries and bulbs, duffle bag (for the porter), backpack cover, trekking poles
First Aid Kits: antiseptic, roll cotton bandage, elastic bandage, pads, paper stitches, scissors, sewing needle, rolls of tape, normal drug, paracetamol, antibiotics, thermometer, tweezers
Miscellaneous Items: toiletries, quick-drying camp towel, laundry soap, toilet papers, cigarette lighter, sun cream and lip balm, pocket knife, polarising sunglasses, earplugs, stuff sacks, locks for bag, water purification tablets, sewing/repair kit box