10-Day Khopra Trekking by Community Homestay
Meet your guide
Enjoy some naturally grown Oranges
- Starting from Pokhara, you are driven to Galeshwor, where you start your trek. Heading up to Bas Kharka, you pass scattered farmhouses, forests, and orange groves as you approach the village. You will have time to explore this Magar village and can visit the local school and if in season, enjoy the sweet oranges that grow on the hillsides here.
- This will be a 5-hour drive followed by a 3-hour hike
Immerse yourself in local life
- You'll head up through the forest to a little village where you stop for lunch. Overlooking the valley, this is a great place to meet some of the local people and admire the views. After lunch, it is a leisurely walk on to Nangi, the village where you will spend the night. Here you can visit the school, see how the villagers make paper from the locally grown plants, visit a medicinal plant nursery, and a number of other income-generating projects.
- The hike will take around 5 hours
Close up views of the mountains
- Today you climb through beautiful, pristine forests with stunning views of the mountains. On the top of Mohare Hill, you can see the Himalayas stretching as far as the eye can see, with close-up views of Machhapuchhre and Dhaulagiri. Don’t be surprised to meet yaks grazing along the route. There is no village here, but located at Mohare Danda is the highest wireless internet relay station in Nepal that provides internet to the remote villages for schools and health posts that use telemedicine, linking up with hospitals in Kathmandu to provide better healthcare in the villages.
- This will take around 7 hours.
Mountains so close that you almost feel like you could touch them
- A fantastic ridge walk with marvellous views in every direction. Descending through the forest to the secluded lodge at Danda Karka, the mountains here seem so close almost like you feel could reach out and touch them.
- This will be roughly 2 hours.
Taste some homemade cheese
- It is downhill all the way to Swanta. On the way, you might see vultures and other birds of prey. You will cross a river and after a succession of ascents and descents through the forest, you arrive at the village of Swanta. Here you can see farming activity in full swing. There is also a community cheese factory where if you are lucky, you can taste the local cheese.
View 3 different mountains from your lodge
- This is a day climbing through changing landscapes to Dhankharka where you will receive a warm welcome from the locals. You have a splendid view of the Dhaulagiri just opposite, with the Nilgiri to the north, the peak of Barahi Suikhar and the south-facing Annapurna South. This place also serves as a sheepfold for herds of yaks.
The highest point of the trek
- Today you climb to the highest point on the trek. The reward at the top is spectacular. It is a steady climb to Khopra above the tree line through alpine meadows and pastures. On the approach to Khopra Ridge, you see the tip of Annapurna South. Once you reach Khopra you can walk along Khopra Ridge to a viewpoint that overlooks the Kali Gandaki River far below in the deep valley. From Khopra you can admire the stunning panorama that includes Mt. Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri and Annapurna South.
The prettiest day yet
- Starting early, this is the longest, but the prettiest day as you walk to Lake Khayer, a place of Hindu pilgrimage. You climb a steep trail on the ridge with stone steps with a gorgeous view of the mountains. After visiting the lake we return back down to Khopra.
- This will take you 9 hours there and back.
Stay the night in a traditional Magar Village
- Trekking down from Khopra, you reach Narchang where you stay in a homestay at typical Magar village.
- Transportation as mentioned in itinerary
- English Speaking Trekking Guide
- Asst. Guide from 5 pax onwards
- Annapurna Conservation Area Permit and TIMS
- All Meals
- Representative available by telephone, 24 hours per day, in case of emergency
- Porter (15kg per porter)
- Personal Expenses
- Any meals not mentioned in the itinerary during trek
- Any additional expenses which may arise due to circumstances beyond the control of CHN
- Insurance and emergency evacuation
Where you'll be staying
- Single Bed
- Cold Shower
- Shared Bathroom
- Cold Shower
- Shared Bathroom