16-Day Everest Base Camp Trekking
By Peak Destinations Nepal
Choose this if...
Air-conditioned vehicle transfers throughout
1 English speaking tour leader throughout.
Assistant leader and Porters
Entrance/Admission Fees Where applicable with included activities
Arrival and departure transfers are included on a group basis. (Flight details are needed 45 days in advance)
International airport departure tax
Any visas required
Services not mentioned in the itinerary
Late check out at hotels
Drinks with included lunches and dinners
Meals and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
Tips for leaders, guide and driver
Expenditure of personal nature
Airport transfers are also available and cost USD 14 each way (1-4 pax).
You arrive in Kathmandu today.
Accommodation: Hotel - N/A
- Morning to afternoon: Arrive in Kathmandu, have breakfast, settle down
Today you'll get to explore Kathmandu city, visit a UNESCO World Heritage Site, and a Hindu temple.
- Morning: Explore Kathmandu city
- Afternoon: Visit Swyambhunath Stupa and Pashupatinath
Today, you will start your trek towards Phakding!
Accommodation: Tea House -
- Morning: Flight to Lukla, trek towards Phakding
Today, you will get to see the majetic Mount Thamserku (6608m).
- Morning: Follow trail of Dudh Koshi through forests of rhododendron and magnolia
- Afternoon: Lunch at Jorsalle, continue ascend towards Namche Bazaar
Today is acclimatisation day.
- Morning to afternoon: Explore local markets, mingle with locals, walk up to Everest viewpoint, relax
Prepare to be greeted by stunning views of Amadablam!
- Morning: Trek (6-7 hours) from Namche Bazaar to Phortse Gaon
Today you'll get a glimpse into the Spartan lives of Sherpas.
- Morning: Trek past Gompa at Pangboche (5h)
Second acclimatization day (optional hikes!)
- Morning (optional): Hike to Nagajun Hill, or Chukung Village
Today you'll continue uphill ascend towards Lobuche.
- Morning: Traverse towards Lobuche (5h)
Today you will get to have more close-up viewing of several mountains, including Mount Everest.
- Morning: Head towards Everest Base Camp (9h)
Today you'll get to the best vantage point for viewing Everest!
- Morning: Mount Everest viewing, descend to Gorakshep, then to Pheriche or Orsho (6h total)
Today you'll continue your descend towards Tengboche.
- Morning: Descend to Tengboche via Dudh Koshi (4h)
Today you'll trek downhill and out of the national park.
- Morning: Trek downhill and out of the national park to the small settlement of Monjo (5h)
- Morning: Hike through forests and a final ascend towards Tamang Village, then to Lukla
- Afternoon: Relax in Lukla
Today you'll be returning to Kathmandu.
- Morning: Flight back to Kathmandu
- Afternoon: Free & easy
Meet your guide
Peak Destinations Nepal
Peak Destinations Nepal Policies
Other Things to Know
Travel insurance is compulsory for anyone travelling with us so please ensure your clients have an appropriate level of cover. This insurance must cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the categories of cover.