11-Day Goecha La Trekking
Kitchen and dining tent
Sleeping tent 2 /3 man dome or alpine
All meals during the trek
Guide, cook, kitchen helper
Porters & pack animals
First aid medical box and oxygen cylinder.
Hotels/homestay in Yuksom
Khangchendzonga national park fees
Transport from Bagdogra airport/NJP railwa
Meals in Yuksom Home stay
Cost for evening snacks & tea
Alcohol, soft drinks and bottled water
Cost for service not mentioned
Personal expenses such as laundry
Hire charges for porter
Any charges for carrying still/video cameras
Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle other than as scheduled and mentioned in the itinerary.
Meet your guide
Drive to Yuksom, the first capital of Sikkim (6-7 hours)
Accommodation: Homestay - Homestay room
- Arrival at NJP/ Bagdogra
- Drive to Yuksom (travel time is around 6-7 hours)
- Explore Yuksom if time permits
- Top local attractions in and around Yuksom are Dubdi Monastery, the Coronation Throne (Norbhu Gang), and Kathok Lake.
- Settle down in homestay
Take a fairly easy trek to the first campsite at Sachen (8km/ 3.5h - 4.5h).
- Get used to trekking with an easy 3.5h - 4.5h to your first campsite.
- Note: Trekkers tend to skip this campsite at times; however, this is not recommended unless you are a seasoned trekker who has done multiple 800 m single-day altitude gains before.
Trek to Tsokha with a rest stop at a Bamboo Hut and Tea Stall
- Easy 1-hour trek from Sachen to bridge across Prek Chu (river)
- Trek 5km uphill from the bridge to Tsokha
- Rest at the Bakhim (Bamboo Hut)
- Visit tea stall in Bakhim and enjoy the scenery of the valley below
- Follow the tree line and trek to Tsokha (1.5 hours)
5-6 hours steep climb from Tsohka to Dzongri with a rest stop in Phedang
- Fill up water at Tsokha as there is no other water source on the trail
- 2.5-3 hour trek from Tsokha to Phedang
- Lunch and rest at Phedang
- 1 hour trek to Deorali Top (altitude of 4,100m)
- 2-3 hour trek (slightly easier at a slight descend) to Dzongri
- Note: Many people may experience headaches due to the 1,000m gain in altitude - do stay warm and hydrated and inform your guide on any headaches/ health issues. Headaches should subside in a couple of hours.
Admire 10 different snowcapped peaks from Dzongri
- Rest in Dzongri
- Wake up early and trek to Dzongri Top to see a full panoramic view of all the snow-capped mountains at sunrise (optional)
- Peaks include Kokthang, Rathong, Frey's Peak, Black Kabur, Kabru Dome, Kabru north and south, Khangchendzonga, Pandim, Tenzingkhang, Jopuno, and Narsing.
Trek 8km to Thangsing Campsite and play some field games
- 1-hour steep descent back to Kokchurang Campsite by the Prek Chu
- Rest at campsite (dense forest by the river side)
- Continue trek to Thangsing
- Set up camp for the night
- Enjoy views of Mt. Pandim at Thangsing campsite (depending on weather conditions)
- Join trekkers and local staff playing cricket, football, or volleyball (optional)
Simple trek from Thangsing to Lamuney
- 10am: 1.5 hour gradual and easy trek to Lamuney
- Rest at Lamuney camp to prepare for next day’s trek
- 2.30am: Wake up to leave for viewpoint
Watch sunrise at viewpoint and enjoy the beautiful Samiti Lake
- 2.30am: Prepare for the trek to the viewpoint
- Note: Temperature will be below zero at this hour
- Trek pass Samiti Lake in the dark
- Watch the sunrise at viewpoint
- Peaks light up in the descending order of altitude, with Khangchendzonga first to be lit followed by Kabru north and then the lower peaks in order.
- Carry a pair of binoculars with you to give yourself a chance of spotting a rare leopard or a flock of blue sheep.
- 8am: descend to Samiti Lake on your way back to the camp
- Return to Lamuney camp
- Early Lunch
- Descend to Kokchurang Campsite
- Settle down in camp
Descend back to Tsokha
- 4-5 hour trek through dense forest from Kokchurang to Phedang
- 2-hour trek from Phedang to Tsokha
Head back to Yuksom
- 1.5-2.5 hour descend to the suspension bridge over Prekchu
- 3.5 - 5.5 hour trek to Yuksom with a rest stop at Sachen