Back to Sapa Trekking
2D1N Join-In Sapa Tribes Trek
By Sapa Tribes
Choose this if...
You want to give back to the Sapa tribes and access into regions usually inaccessible to other tourists!
2 days 1 night
Group trip (10 travellers per group)
This option includes a 2D1N trek. On the first day you will trek from Sapa town to Hao Tao Village to meet the H'mong tribe and spend the night in a homestay. On the second day you will meet the Red Dao people at Ta Phin village.
Local Villages & Tribes
Seek Sophie’s Promise
We’re your friend first & love to help
Every operator here has been vetted
Your travel supports local businesses
Every $1 you spend offsets 1lb carbon
US$ 37 859,842 VND per person
English speaking guide
1 breakfast, 2 Lunches and 1 Dinner
1 night's accommodation in a village homestay
1 water-bottle per person
Show all inclusions & exclusions
Sapa Bus station
Trips available daily
Bookings should be made at least 3 days in advance. View the full calendar to request other dates.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and may be subject to change depending on weather conditions.
Day 1: Sapa - Hao Tao Village
Today you will discover the local tribes of Northern Vietnam
- 09:00 am: Meet the guide start the trek from Sapa.
- On the trail, the stunning scenery awaits you, Intimate scenes of smiling village people working on rice fields, buffalo, free-range chicken, boar, waterfalls, and lush green crops of bamboo, as you slowly venture away from the tourist trail and enter the serene views of the village.
- 03:00 pm: Enjoy a local lunch
- In the Evenings, either sit and warm yourself by the fire, or get involved and help your host in chopping firewood, and preparing the food.
- 07.00 pm: Enjoy the great-tasting meal of fresh local produce.
- Overnight in the Homestay.
Day 2: Hao Tao Village - Ta Phin Village - Sapa
Today you will enjoy the rolling green rice terraces and meet more local tribes
- 08:00 am: Breakfast in the Homestay
- Begin your trek through the winding scenic hills before descending into the valley of Ta Phin Village.
- Visitors are greeted by the abundant smiles of the tribeswoman dressed from head to toe in their tribal tradition, most notably their famously bright red headdress.
- Local lunch in a homestay.
- Depart to Sapa by trek.
Meet your guide
Sapa Tribes was set up in 2011 when a couple of travellers from New Zealand visited Sapa and witnessed what they viewed as the unjust treatment of the local tribes-people. By choosing Sapa Triibes, you will be trekking with genuine English speaking tribes-people from the Sapa area who will allow you to have a more authentic experience and give access to areas that others tourists just don’t get to witness. Most importantly it means that your money will be going to the tribes themselves and not to a third party.
9 years experience
Sapa Tribes Policies
Strict Cancellation Policy
As Sapa Tribes pays for your trip’s logistics in advance, you can only cancel for free within 24 hours of your booking, provided that this is at least 2 weeks before your trip starts.
Change of Date
You may also change your trip date once up to 3 days before your trip starts. Any date change are subject to availability.
Other Things to Know
Packing list for the trip
Hat or Cap
Long sleeves and trousers
Overnight kit for the homestay (toothbrush, comb, any other essentials you need before you can go to bed)