2D1N Deluxe Private Boat (2 persons) | With Gourmet Chef on Board
By Made in Italy
Choose this if...
Fine Dining Italian Cuisine: Traditional Italian breakfast, lunch and dinner
Fresh fruit, free flow of tea, coffee and mineral water
On Board & Off Board activities: snorkelling, trekking, Komodo dragons, beach hopping, etc
Towel for each guest
Snorkelling equipment: Mask, Snorkel and fins
Overnight on the deck (under the stars!) or sleep in a comfy cabin
Complimentary pick up and drop off from/to the hotel (radius 5 km from the harbour by car or boat)
All government taxes
Komodo National Park fees & ranger fee. Foreigner: IDR 460,000/pax /day (weekday), IDR 535,000/pax/day (weekend), local: IDR 265,000/pax/day (weekday), IDR 267,500/pax/day (weekend) paid in Komodo National Park
Beers and wines purchase on board
Departure time is depending on the route which will be decided by the captain on the day of departure.
Scheduled Trip Dates
Today you will be doing some trekking to spot the Komodos in their natural habitat.
Accommodation: MII The Boat - MII Cabin
- Between 8-10 am - You will be picked up from your hotel and head to the harbour. Exact timing to be advised the day before the trip depending on weather conditions.
- 11.30: am Enjoy freshly cooked Italian cuisine. Lunch on the boat
- 1 pm: Sail to Rinca Island to get the chance to see the endangered Komodo dragons in the wild
- 3 pm: Finish trekking, head back to the boat
- 5 pm: Boat will be anchored at Kalong Island. Watch the sunset and a thousand fruit bats flying off to a different island.
- 7 pm: Dinner will be served
- Overnight on the boat.
Today you will visit an island with white sand beach and trek to Kelor Island for a panoramic view of the surrounding Islets.
- 7 am: After the morning sunrise, you can freshen up in and enjoy traditional Italian breakfast.
- 8.30 am: Start sailing to Kanawa Island, take a dip in the water or simply snorkel to see the tropical fishes.
- 10 am: Boat will be anchored at Kelor Island. You may do a short trek up to see the panoramic view of the surrounding islets.
- After trekking, you will return to the boat and head back to Labuan Bajo before the afternoon.
- 1 pm: Arrival at the harbour. You will be transferred back to your hotel.
Meet your guide
Made in Italy
What others are saying
Other Things to Know
Komodo National Park fees are complicated. They depend on: the islands visited (which is weather dependent), whether it's a weekday or a weekend, whether the guest is a foreigner or a local, and the number of people on the boat (as ranger fees are shared). This is why no two people will tell you the same number when asked about fees!
The fees are also complicated by the fact that they're set by the national government and paid directly to Jakarta. So there is little visibility on changes from time to time.
This is why we usually advise international guests to bring cash of between IDR 350K to IDR 460K per person per day for weekdays and between IDR 400K to IDR 520K per person per day for weekends. This is more than you need, but it avoids you ending up short of cash if the boat doesn't have too many people or the fees suddenly change!
A few of our trips include the fees in the price. You can see it listed in the inclusion list. If this is the case there is no need to bring cash with you.
While you can still visit Komodo National Park during the rainy season in Jan-March, there is a higher risk of boat trips being cancelled due to the weather.
The risk is lowest for the 1-day speedboats (as they are more stable) so if you are going Jan-March, we would highly recommend doing a 1-day speedboat trip. Although the 2D1N trips are still sailing during the rainy season, there is a slightly higher risk that the 2D1N trips might be cancelled due to the weather. The 3D2N trips do not tend to sail during Jan-March.
Given the unpredictability of the weather, the cancellation could happen at any time (even the morning of the trip). We will keep you updated as soon as we can if the weather prediction is not favourable for your trip.
If your trip is cancelled due to the weather, you can choose to receive a full refund, OR reschedule your trip for the next day (if weather permits). So if you're travelling from Jan-March to Komodo, please plan some extra days for your trip so you have additional days to try again, even if your original trip is cancelled!
The itinerary for Komodo National Park is very weather dependent, as the journey takes place out in open waters. Some days the currents are very strong, and it might not be safe to go to certain islands. We know this can be frustrating if you had your heart set on specific spots, but please be assured that the boat operators will do their very best to make sure you see the dragons and the highlights of the park - even if it's not identical to the itinerary here. A visit to Komodo is quite the adventure, so please do be prepared to embrace some level of uncertainty!