Back to Halong Bay Cruise
1 Day Cruise (3-Star) | Halong Bay **Small Group Trip
By Charming Vietnam Travel
Choose this if...
You are short on time and want to see everything that Halong Bay has to offer. This will be an ideal option if you want a more private and intimate experience!
Group trip (24 travellers per group)
This 1 day Cruise takes the classic Halong Bay route (3.5-4H time on water), and has one of the smallest group sizes for Halong Bay cruises. Enjoy an intimate atmosphere with only a group of 24 passengers on the cruise. Have a sumptuous seafood lunch on board and capture fantastic photographs!
Visit Floating Villages
Seek Sophie’s Promise
We’re your friend first & love to help
Every operator here has been vetted
Your travel supports local businesses
Every $1 you spend offsets 1lb carbon
US$ 50 1,162,119 VND per person
Round trip shuttle bus transfer via highway
Driver: Proficient, safe, experienced.
Tour guide: English speaking guide (enthusiastic, experienced).
Entrance fees: During tour.
Lunch: Vietnamese meal (standard and hygienic meal).
Halong Cruise: Safe, clean for Small group 24 people
Show all inclusions & exclusions
Hotel in Hanoi center
Hotel in Hanoi center
Trips available daily
Bookings should be made at least 3 days in advance. View the full calendar to request other dates.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and may be subject to change depending on weather conditions.
Day 1: Hanoi - Halong Bay - Hanoi
Today you will visit Cock Fighting and Dinh Huong islet, Thien Cung Cave and Kayaking/Bamboo
- 08:00 - 08:15: Picked up by tour guide and bus from your hotel in Hanoi center. We will pass through green fields of rice along the National Highway.
- En route stop at the Hong Ngoc Humanity Center, a handicraft outlet made by disabilities. The handicrafts made at the center are available for you to purchase. Or a cup of traditional coffee for stretch your legs after long drive.
- 12:00: Arrive in Tuan Chau Tourist Wharf and climb aboard your cruise boat. The crew will welcome you with a refreshing drink.
- 12:15: Start your dreamy cruise through thousands of limestone karst mountains. Enjoy seafood lunch, served with traditional Vietnamese dishes. Vegetarian options are also available.
- The cruise would stop at floating village area for taking Bamboo boat to visiting local fisherman village for taking the Kayaking or Bamboo Boat to discover the limestone mountains in the bay of Halong.
- Passing Dog Stone and the islet of Burning Incense (Printed on money note 200.000vnd), continue to the rock of Fighting Cock islands - The symbol of Halong Bay. Take a visit to the most beautiful cave of Halong Bay - Heavenly Palace (Thien Cung Cave) to see stunning stalagmite and stalactite formations.
- 16:15: Cruise back to Tourist Wharf and transfer to the bus back to Hanoi with your guide and bus.
- 20:00: Arrive in Hanoi and say goodbye to your guide and driver.
Meet your guide
Charming Vietnam Travel
Founded by Mr. Bui Nam, Charming Vietnam Travel has a young and responsive team that has built long term relationships with prestigious cruise companies in Vietnam and served thousands of customers worldwide.
11 years experience
What others are saying
4.5 out of 30 helpful reviews
09 Dec 2019 on TripAdvisor
Instead of going by Cruise, we had chosen Full Day Halong Bay Island and cave tour from Hanoi by land. We booked this full day long tour with our hotel in Hanoi. We were picked up at around 8 AM and bus drove straight to Halong Bay Island that took us about 2 hours. First we visited two heritage temples of their Kings. After visiting these temples, we were taken to a restaurant for Buffet Lunch. After taking Lunch we were taken to Halong Bay shore by Bus. We undertook a 1 and half hour trip into the Bay by by small hand peddled ships that covered the three caves. This Bay is really beautiful surrounded by mountains and greenery all around. One of the best natural scenic beauty, very charming and soothing. Thereafter we also took a bicycle trip for about 45 minutes on the land around the Bay which was also very enjoyable. At about 4 PM we took back the bus and came to Hanoi at around 6 PM. Overall a very enjoyable day trip.
22 Nov 2019 on TripAdvisor
The boats are small, with perhaps 20 rooms and 3 decks. We took the Mon Cherie cruise, one amongst Halong Bay cruises.The rooms were large and very comfortable.you are spoilt sick with service and pampering. We made two stops, one to row out to the dark and light caves and the second to the cave hospitals. Both interesting. This is one cruise in Vietnam not to be missed. We spent 2 nights, but this can be extended.
24 Oct 2019 on TripAdvisor
Great tour with our guide Jack. Excellent service by dragonfly cruise. Amazing tours. Well recommended.
07 Oct 2019 on TripAdvisor
The two day cruise, i feel is the optimum for Halong bay. The food was amazing. We had requested for vegetarian food and it was given. The crew were amazing and the service was good. The boat itself is a bit old, but comfortable.
05 Oct 2019 on TripAdvisor
I was in Hanoi only for a few days so decided to go for the one day Halong Bay trip.The bus ride to Halong Bay was long but as expected, and our tour guide (whose name was pronounced like "oui") told many facts and stories about the place which made the way there feel shorter. When we got to Halong Bay we started by a boat cruise where lunch was served. The boat tour was long enough to enjoy the lunch (which was amazing!) as well as take some photos at the deck on the boat. After this we went to explore the caves and could opt in for either kayaking or a boat trip on a small boat, after which we came back on the boat cruise. Overall the day was really enjoyable which many activities included in the short time that we had to actually visit Halong Bay itself.
Charming Vietnam Travel Policies
Strict Cancellation Policy
As Charming Vietnam Travel pays for your trip’s logistics in advance, you can only cancel for free within 24 hours of your booking, provided that this is at least 2 weeks before your trip starts.
Change of Date
You may also change your trip date once up to 3 days before your trip starts. Any date change are subject to availability.
Other Things to Know
Packing list for the trip
Backup batteries and charger
Cash (for purchasing drinks during happy hour, buying souvenirs or tips)
Change of clothes
Hat (it gets sunny!)
Light jacket/sweater (for the evenings)
Passport (required for registration on the boat)
Shorts & T-shirts
Umbrella and/or light rain jacket