2D1N Mt Kinabalu Summit
By River Junkie
Choose this if...
Shared Return Transport from hotel in Kota Kinabalu Town
1 night dormitory accommodation at Laban Rata Resthouse
Meals (Lunch & Dinner the 1st day, Breakfast the 2nd day)
State Park guide
Tourism tax of RM10/ night per room
Mt Kinabalu Certificate of completion
Please note that the above pick up and drop off times are approximate and will depend on the location of hotel as well as descent timing as the transportation is shared with other groups.
Scheduled Trip Dates
Today you'll hike up to Laban Rata at 3,353m and see a variety of incredible landscapes along the way
Accommodation: Laban Rata Hostel - Dorm
- 0630 am – Pick up from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu and proceed to Kinabalu Park traversing the Crocker Range with panoramic views of the surrounding hills, the focal point of which is Mt Kinabalu.
- 8 - 8:30 am - Arrive at Kinabalu Park. Upon arrival at Kinabalu Park, collect your packed lunch, proceed to the Park Registration office to register for your Mt Kinabalu summit climb and meet your Mt Guide. Thereafter you will be transferred to Timpohon Gate (1,829m), from here you will begin your climb to Laban Rata (3,353m)
- 9 am - 9:30 am - Begin your climb.
- 12:30 pm - Lunch break
- 3 pm - Arrive at Laban Rata (3,353m) and settle in
- 6-8 pm - Dinner at Laban Rata then lights out to get as much rest as possible before your early start the following morning.
Today you'll summit Mt Kinabalu and head back down the mountain
- 1.30 – 2 am - Wake up for early morning supper
- 2.30 am - Start hiking up to the summit with your Sabah Parks’ mountain guide
- 5.40 am - Catch the sunrise on Low’s Peak
- 6 am - 8 am Descent from Low’s Peak to Laban Rata for a well-earned breakfast
- 9 am - Check out of Laban Rata and descend to Timpohon Gate
- 3 -4 pm - Arrive at Timpohon Gate and depart Kinabalu Park.
- 5 – 6 pm - Arrive back at your hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Meet your guide
What others are saying
River Junkie Policies
Other Things to Know
It'll depend on your fitness level and the weather. On the morning of the summit, you'll need to get to the summit checkpoint by 5pm in order to be cleared by the local rangers for summit. If you do not arrive in time (due to fitness level or other reasons), you will not be allowed to proceed to summit. In addition, there are a handful of days each year where the summit climb is cancelled by Mt Kinabalu Park due to dangerous weather conditions. Cancellations happen if there is torrential rain and it's deemed dangerous for climbers to make the slippery summit climb. Cancellations are rare, and no refund will be issued by Mt Kinabalu Park for any cancellations.