3D2N Manigala Trek and Secret Hideout Camp
By Sri Lanka Bicycle Holidays
2 night’s accommodation on twin occupancy
Modern camping equipment
Campfire and barbecue dinner
Forest entry fee & permission for the trek
Refreshment and mineral water during the trek
All transfers using air-conditioned vehicle (airport or the nearest centre)
Meet your guide
Sri Lanka Bicycle Holidays
Today you will trek 8 km in the lush forest, along the Knuckles Valley. Be prepared for breathtaking views!
Accommodation: Manigala Base Camp -
- 7 AM: Pick up from your hotel.
- 8 AM: Arrive at Illukumbra. Start hiking from Illukumbra towards the Manigala Mountain. Trek through the lush montane evergreen forest along the Knuckles valley, until you reach the top of the Manigala Mountain.
- Once you reach the top, you can enjoy the spectacular 360-degree view of the Knuckles mountain ranges. You will spend some time on top before trekking back to the campsite. Overnight stay at Manigala camp.
Today you will trek down the valley, take a refreshing dip in natural streams! Camp out in a hideaway campsite.
- 8 AM: You will trek from Manigala camp to Knuckle's Hideout Camp side. You will start trekking towards Bhanalla after breakfast. Enroute the trek, visit an isolated family living in the forest for over 40 years.
- Stop for lunch near Pathana Waterfalls – a beautiful waterfall deep inside the forest. You also have the option to take a quick dip in the river. Later on, you will continue your trek towards the north face of the Knuckles mountain range and will be staying overnight at BBQ Knuckles Hideout Camp.
Please include your arrival time upon booking.