Back to Borobudur Temple Exploration
Full-Day guided trip to Borobudur and Candirejo Village
By Yogyakarta tour
Choose this if...
You want the best of both worlds! Visit the famous temples of Yogyakarta while enjoying the lush views below and tour the local village to see how local Javanese live.
Sitting on the Borobudur you will experience a breath-taking view over the green valleys below. It is a mystical place, you shouldn’t miss it when you visit Indonesia. After exploring Borobudur temple you will visit some other temples (Pawon and Mendut temple) and a local village to experience and witness how local Javanese live.
Seek Sophie’s Promise
We’re your friend first & love to help
Every operator here has been vetted
Your travel supports local businesses
Every $1 you spend offsets 1lb carbon
From US$ 72.03 IDR999,968.72 per person
Transport by private car with English speaking driver (fuel and parking included)
All entrance tickets (Borobudur, Pawon and Mendut temple, and free entrances in the villages)
Local guide at Borobudur
Lunch (also water, tea and coffee are included)
Show all inclusions & exclusions
Hotel in Yogyakarta
Hotel in Yogyakarta
Trips available daily
Bookings should be made at least 7 days in advance. View the full calendar to request other dates.
Please note that this is a sample itinerary and may be subject to change depending on weather conditions.
Day 1: Borobudur - Pawon - Mendut - Local village
You will explore some beautiful temples and local village
- 7 AM : You will be picked up from your hotel. Arrive in Borobudur after 1-hour drive, the guide will show you around for 2 hours.
- 10 AM : After visiting the Borobudur you will visit two other temples named the Pawon and Mendut temple.
- 1 PM : Close to the Pawon temple you can visit an authentic local village and see how Javanese sugar and Luwak coffee is made.
- 2 PM : Drive to Candirejo Village and enjoy a Javanese lunch and traditional Gamelan music.
- The village community organises sightseeing activities and with a local guide, you will explore the village by horse cart or bicycle. On your way back to the hotel you will pass the beautiful countryside and ricefields and will have the opportunity to take nice pictures.
- 5 PM : Estimated drop off time at your hotel
Meet your guide
This company is located in Yogyakarta and owned by professional guide Dadang Supardi. He has a good team of experienced drivers and English-speaking guides who will show the best sights in their home country.
8 years experience
Fluent English, Bahasa
Yogyakarta tour Policies
Strict Cancellation Policy
As Yogyakarta tour pays for your trip’s logistics in advance, you can only cancel for free within 24 hours of your booking, provided that this is at least 2 weeks before your trip starts.
Change of Date
You may also change your trip date once up to 3 days before your trip starts. Any date change are subject to availability.
Other Things to Know
Packing list for the trip
Long pants or skirts lower than your knee