4D3N Toraja's Must-sees
By Orient Celebes Tour and Travel
Choose this if...
Hotel + breakfast
Lunch and Dinner
Timings are flexible. Please confirm upon booking, your arrival time in Makassar.
Visit the mountainous area in rammang rammang and pare pare then go to Tana Toraja
- 9 AM: Upon arrival in Makassar airport, meet your guide and driver.
- Take an eight-hour drive to Tana Toraja passing through Bugis villages with a few stops on the way including visiting mountainous Rammang Rammang area.
- You will also take the motorised canoe along the journey with beautiful panorama and Mangrove plant.
- After that, visit the interior of the Bugis houses which were built on stilt.
- Lunch in Pare-pare at a beautiful sea-food restaurant located up on a hill with sea view.
- Continue the journey and make a stop at Bambapuang to see the erotic mountain of Buntu Kabobong
- 7 PM: You will arrive in Toraja late in the afternoon.
Today you will explore burial sites and traditional houses in Toraja
- 9 AM: Morning after breakfast, explore Toraja: the Land Full of Surprises.
- First to Lemo, a cliffside burial site with effigies up on balconies.
- Then to Sangalla’ to see baby graves in a big tree.
- Visit Suaya, the royal burial site of Puang Sangalla’ where you can see all kinds of graves existing in Tana Toraja from the ancient to the present time.
- After lunch en route, visit the Ke’te’ kesu’ traditional village with rows of traditional tongkonan houses and granaries and hanging graves.
- Back to the hotel. Enjoy dinner and stay overnight at hotel.
Today you will see Sadan village, the Toraja weaving centre. See also Pallawa, a spectacular traditional village.
- 9 AM: After breakfast, visit Sadan village, the Toraja weaving centre. See also Pallawa, a spectacular traditional village with rows of Tongkonan houses and traditional granaries. Visit Bori, a burial place with megaliths which are the remains of the Torajan ancient stone sculptures.
- After lunch, take a walk from Lempo to Batutumonga.
- Then back to Hotel in Rantepao.