3D2N Private Deluxe Boat Charter (12 persons)
By Waturanda Trip
Choose this if...
Return Transport from your hotel in Labuan Bajo or Labuan Bajo airport
Private AC boat charter for 3D2N
Meals during the trip
Guide and crew
Komodo National Park fees & ranger fee. Foreigner: IDR 460,000/pax /day (weekday), IDR 535,000/pax/day (weekend), local: IDR 265,000/pax/day (weekday), IDR 267,500/pax/day (weekend) paid in Komodo National Park
This is a private boat charter so pick-up and drop-off can be flexible and tailored to your desired itinerary.
Today you'll get to trek and spot endangered Komodo Dragons in the wild
Accommodation: Waturanda VIP Boat - Double Cabin 1
- 9:00 am - Pick up from your hotel in Labuan Bajo
- 9:30 am As you arrive on the boat, you will be welcomed by the staff.
- 10:00 am - Arrive at Kelor island which has a short trek to a beautiful viewpoint. Then head to Rinca Island, one of the highlights of the trip!
- 12:00 pm - Arrive at Rinca Island, home of the wild endangered Komodo Dragons. Once you arrive, everyone will go off the boat and heading to the ranger station. The trekking to see the komodo dragon will start from there with the ranger on the island. You may adjust your time on the trekking with the ranger as you need.
- 14:30 pm - Once finished, go back to boat and sail to Kalong island.
- 18:00 pm - Arrive at Kalong island for sunset. Kalong island is a small island consist of mangrove forest. The island becoming the “house” of thousand bats. If you are lucky enough, you will see thousands of bats flying out from their nest looking for food.
- Overnight on the Boat.
Today you'll see the iconic views atop Padar island and snorkel
Accommodation: Waturanda VIP Boat - Double Cabin 1
- Sail to Padar Island while you were asleep
- 06:00 am - Short but steep trek to see the iconic views of Komodo National Park atop of Padar Island
- 9:00 am - See the gorgeous coral hued sand at the aptly named Pink Beach
- 12:00 pm - Visit Taka Makassar for the gorgeous white sand and crystal clear waters
- 14:00 pm - Snorkel at Manta Point and get the chance to spot Manta Rays if you're lucky!
- 18:00 pm - Watch the sunset and enjoy dinner
- Overnight on the boat
Today you'll enjoy more snorkelling and beautiful islands
- 07:00 am - Arrive at Siaba Island (also known as Turtle Bay). Enjoy the reef, sunbathing and snorkeling around the Turtle Bay
- 09:00 am - Head to Kanawa Island which is surrounded by white sand and clear waters. Relax and swim at Kanawa before sailing back to Labuan Bajo.
- 12:30 pm - Arrive back at Labuan Bajo and transfer to your hotel.
Meet your guide
What others are saying
Other Things to Know
Komodo National Park fees are complicated. They depend on: the islands visited (which is weather dependent), whether it's a weekday or a weekend, whether the guest is a foreigner or a local, and the number of people on the boat (as ranger fees are shared). This is why no two people will tell you the same number when asked about fees!
The fees are also complicated by the fact that they're set by the national government and paid directly to Jakarta. So there is little visibility on changes from time to time.
This is why we usually advise international guests to bring cash of between IDR 350K to IDR 460K per person per day for weekdays and between IDR 400K to IDR 520K per person per day for weekends. This is more than you need, but it avoids you ending up short of cash if the boat doesn't have too many people or the fees suddenly change!
A few of our trips include the fees in the price. You can see it listed in the inclusion list. If this is the case there is no need to bring cash with you.
While you can still visit Komodo National Park during the rainy season in Jan-March, there is a higher risk of boat trips being cancelled due to the weather.
The risk is lowest for the 1-day speedboats (as they are more stable) so if you are going Jan-March, we would highly recommend doing a 1-day speedboat trip. Although the 2D1N trips are still sailing during the rainy season, there is a slightly higher risk that the 2D1N trips might be cancelled due to the weather. The 3D2N trips do not tend to sail during Jan-March.
Given the unpredictability of the weather, the cancellation could happen at any time (even the morning of the trip). We will keep you updated as soon as we can if the weather prediction is not favourable for your trip.
If your trip is cancelled due to the weather, you can choose to receive a full refund, OR reschedule your trip for the next day (if weather permits). So if you're travelling from Jan-March to Komodo, please plan some extra days for your trip so you have additional days to try again, even if your original trip is cancelled!
The itinerary for Komodo National Park is very weather dependent, as the journey takes place out in open waters. Some days the currents are very strong, and it might not be safe to go to certain islands. We know this can be frustrating if you had your heart set on specific spots, but please be assured that the boat operators will do their very best to make sure you see the dragons and the highlights of the park - even if it's not identical to the itinerary here. A visit to Komodo is quite the adventure, so please do be prepared to embrace some level of uncertainty!