3D2N Mt Kinabalu Summit Climb
By Trek Finders
Choose this if...
Shared Return Transport from hotel in Kota Kinabalu Town
2 nights' dormitory accommodation (at Kinabalu Park HQ and Laban Rata Resthouse)
State Park guide
Certificate of completion
Please note that the above pick up and drop off times are approximate and will depend on the location of hotel as well as descent timing as the transportation is shared with other groups.
Today you'll do a leisurely trip around Kota Kinabalu city, and spend the night at Kinabalu Park
Accommodation: Kinabalu Mountain Lodge (or equivalent) - Standard Room
- 1200 pm Ideally to arrive Kota Kinabalu City before 12:00PM. (Please Provide The Flight Details)
- Tour begin with airport / hotel pickup, drop by KK City for lunch
- 14:00 pm – Depart 2 hours overland drive to Kinabalu Park.
- 16:00 pm – Check in to Kinabalu Park
- 19:00 pm – Dinner
Today you'll hike up to Laban Rata at 3,353m and see a variety of incredible landscapes along the way
Accommodation: Laban Rata Hostel - Dorm
- 06:30 am – Wake up and prepare yourself, warm up and stretching.
- 07:00 am – Breakfast and collect individual packed lunch from the restaurant.
- 08:30 am – Mountain office provides shuttle bus to from Kinabalu Park to Timpohon Gate. (20mins drive)
- 09:30 am – Begin your climb
- 12:30 pm - Lunch break
- 3 pm - Arrive at Laban Rata (3,353m) and settle in
- 6-8 pm - Dinner at Laban Rata then lights out to get as much rest as possible before your early start the following morning.
Today you will summit Mt Kinabalu at sunrise, then head back down to the Base Camp
- 1.30 – 2 am - Wake up for early morning supper
- 2.30 am - Start hiking up to the summit with your Sabah Parks’ mountain guide
- 5.40 am - Catch the sunrise on Low’s Peak
- 6 am - 8 am Descent from Low’s Peak to Laban Rata for a well-earned breakfast
- 9 am - Check out of Laban Rata and descend to Timpohon Gate
- 3 -4 pm - Arrive at Timpohon Gate and depart Kinabalu Park.
- 5 – 6 pm - Arrive back at your hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Meet your guide
What others are saying
Trek Finders Policies
Other Things to Know
It'll depend on your fitness level and the weather. On the morning of the summit, you'll need to get to the summit checkpoint by 5pm in order to be cleared by the local rangers for summit. If you do not arrive in time (due to fitness level or other reasons), you will not be allowed to proceed to summit. In addition, there are a handful of days each year where the summit climb is cancelled by Mt Kinabalu Park due to dangerous weather conditions. Cancellations happen if there is torrential rain and it's deemed dangerous for climbers to make the slippery summit climb. Cancellations are rare, and no refund will be issued by Mt Kinabalu Park for any cancellations.