2D1N Intermediate Summit Route **Includes Certificate of Completion
By Let's Climb Mount Kinabalu
1-night accommodation at dormitory mountain hut
Meals as stated below
Mountain guide services
Entrance fees where applicable
Via Ferrata “Walk The Torq”
Via Ferrata Certificate for successful climbers only
Shared Return Transfer from Kota Kinabalu Town
Personal expenses / items not mentioned in Itinerary
Driver and Mountain Guide
Overtime Charges (applicable 4 pm onwards on Day 2)
Luggage storage-Video / Camera fee
Personal travel insurance-Tipping
Meet your guide
Let's Climb Mount Kinabalu
Today you'll hike up to Pendant Hut at ~3300m and see a variety of incredible landscapes along the way
Accommodation: Pendant Hut Hostel - Dorm
- 0630 am – Pick up from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu and proceed to Kinabalu Park traversing the Crocker Range with panoramic views of the surrounding hills, the focal point of which is Mt Kinabalu.
- 8 - 8:30 am - Arrive at Kinabalu Park. Upon arrival at Kinabalu Park, collect your packed lunch, proceed to the Park Registration office to register for your Mt Kinabalu summit climb and meet your Mt Guide.
- Thereafter you will be transferred to Timpohon Gate (1,829m), from here you will begin your climb to Pendant Hut (approx. 3300m) where you’ll spend the night
- 9 am - 9:30 am - Begin your climb.
- 12:30 pm - Lunch break
- 3 pm - Arrive at Pendant Hut and settle in
- 3.30pm - Attend the mandatory via ferrata familiarization in Pendant Hut and meet your Mountain Torq trainer
- 6-8 pm - Dinner at Laban Rata then lights out to get as much rest as possible before your early start the following morning.
Today you will summit at sunrise, and climb a 10m hanging ladder off the side of the mountain
- 1.30 – 2 am - Wake up for early morning supper
- 2.30 am - Start hiking up to the summit with your Sabah Parks’ mountain guide
- 5.40 am - Catch the sunrise on Low’s Peak
- 06:00 am - Descend Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer
- 07:15 am - Meet your via ferrata trainer at Sayat Sayat Hut @ 3,668m for Walk the Torq via ferrata experience
- 09:30 am - Return to Pendant Hut for breakfast
- 11:00 am - Check out of Pendant Hut and descend to Timpohon Gate
- 5 -5:30 pm Arrive at Timpohon Gate and depart Kinabalu Park
- 6:30 – 7:30 pm Arrive back at your hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Please note that the above pick up and drop off times are approximate and will depend on the location of hotel as well as descent timing as the transportation is shared with other groups.