2D1N Low's Peak (Via Ferrata) Route **Includes Certificate of Completion
By Let's Climb Mount Kinabalu
Choose this if...
1 night accommodation dormitory bunk beds (Pendant Hut)
Meals as stated
Mountain guide services
Entrance fees where applicable
Via Ferrata Certificate for successful climbers only
Shared Return Transport from Kota Kinabalu Town
Personal expenses / items not mentioned in Itinerary
Video / Camera Fee
Guide & Driver tipping
Personal Travel Insurance
Please note that the above pick up and drop off times are approximate and will depend on the location of hotel as well as descent timing as the transportation is shared with other groups.
Scheduled Trip Dates
Today you'll hike up to Pendant Hut at ~3300m and see a variety of incredible landscapes along the way
Accommodation: Pendant Hut Hostel - Dorm
- 0630 am – Pick up from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu and proceed to Kinabalu Park traversing the Crocker Range with panoramic views of the surrounding hills, the focal point of which is Mt Kinabalu.
- 8 - 8:30 am - Arrive at Kinabalu Park. Upon arrival at Kinabalu Park, collect your packed lunch, proceed to the Park Registration office to register for your Mt Kinabalu summit climb and meet your Mt Guide.
- Thereafter you will be transferred to Timpohon Gate (1,829m), from here you will begin your climb to Pendant Hut (approx. 3300m) where you’ll spend the night
- 9 am - 9:30 am - Begin your climb.
- 12:30 pm - Lunch break
- 3 pm - Arrive at Pendant Hut and settle in
- 3.30pm - Attend the mandatory via ferrata familiarization in Pendant Hut and meet your Mountain Torq trainer
- 6-8 pm - Dinner at Laban Rata then lights out to get as much rest as possible before your early start the following morning.
Today you'll summit Mt Kinabalu, climb a 10m hanging ladder, and scale the world's highest bridge @ 3600m
- 1.30 – 2 am - Wake up for early morning supper
- 2.30 am - Start hiking up to the summit with your Sabah Parks’ mountain guide
- 5.40 am - Catch the sunrise on Low’s Peak
- 6:00 am - Descend Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer
- 6:30 am - Meet your via ferrata trainer at the 7.5 km mark for Low’s Peak Circuit via ferrata experience (4 to 5 hrs)
- 11:00 am - Return to Pendant Hut for second breakfast
- 12 pm - Check out of Pendant Hut 6 pm - Arrive at Timpohon Gate and depart Kinabalu Park
- 7 – 8 pm - Arrive back at your hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Meet your guide
Let's Climb Mount Kinabalu
What others are saying
Other Things to Know
It'll depend on your fitness level and the weather. On the morning of the summit, you'll need to get to the summit checkpoint by 5pm in order to be cleared by the local rangers for summit. If you do not arrive in time (due to fitness level or other reasons), you will not be allowed to proceed to summit. In addition, there are a handful of days each year where the summit climb is cancelled by Mt Kinabalu Park due to dangerous weather conditions. Cancellations happen if there is torrential rain and it's deemed dangerous for climbers to make the slippery summit climb. Cancellations are rare, and no refund will be issued by Mt Kinabalu Park for any cancellations.