2-Day Advanced Summit Route
By River Junkie
Shared Return Transport from hotel in Kota Kinabalu Town
1 night dormitory accommodation at Pendant Hut
Meals (Lunch & Dinner the 1st day, Breakfast the 2nd day)
State Park guide
Low's Peak via ferreta pass
Tourism tax of RM10/ night per room
Mt Kinabalu Certificate of completion
Meet your guide
Today you'll hike up to Pendant Hut at ~3300m and see a variety of incredible landscapes along the way
Accommodation: Pendant Hut Hostel - Dorm
- 0630 am – Pick up from your hotel in Kota Kinabalu and proceed to Kinabalu Park traversing the Crocker Range with panoramic views of the surrounding hills, the focal point of which is Mt Kinabalu.
- 8 - 8:30 am - Arrive at Kinabalu Park. Upon arrival at Kinabalu Park, collect your packed lunch, proceed to the Park Registration office to register for your Mt Kinabalu summit climb and meet your Mt Guide. Thereafter you will be transferred to Timpohon Gate (1,829m), from here you will begin your climb to Pendant Hut (approx. 3300m) where you’ll spend the night
- 9 am - 9:30 am - Begin your climb.
- 12:30 pm - Lunch break
- 3 pm - Arrive at Pendant Hut and settle in
- 3.30pm - Attend the mandatory via ferrata familiarization in Pendant Hut and meet your Mountain Torq trainer
- 6-8 pm - Dinner at Laban Rata then lights out to get as much rest as possible before your early start the following morning.
Today you'll summit Mt Kinabalu, climb a 10m hanging ladder, and scale the world's highest bridge @ 3600m
- 1.30 – 2 am - Wake up for early morning supper
- 2.30 am - Start hiking up to the summit with your Sabah Parks’ mountain guide
- 5.40 am - Catch the sunrise on Low’s Peak
- 6:00 am - Descend Low’s Peak to meet your Mountain Torq trainer
- 6:30 am - Meet your via ferrata trainer at the 7.5 km mark for Low’s Peak Circuit via ferrata experience (4 to 5 hrs)
- 11:00 am - Return to Pendant Hut for second breakfast
- 12 pm - Check out of Pendant Hut
- 6 pm - Arrive at Timpohon Gate and depart Kinabalu Park
- 7 – 8 pm - Arrive back at your hotel in Kota Kinabalu
Please note that the above pick up and drop off times are approximate and will depend on the location of hotel as well as descent timing as the transportation is shared with other groups.